Saturday, July 13, 2013

January Blain--Tells us why it's hard to be a Human












Hello folks!
We have a treat today. The interesting and fun January Blain is guest blogging today. She is  here to tell us why it is hard to be a human and tell us a little bit about her new book Forever Angel coming out in October.
You may have already read some of her fantastic books in the Forever series before. Such as:


Aren't those fantastic covers?
Now without further ado... here is the woman of the hour.
The floor is yours January.

 It’s Hard To Be Human
It is hard to be human which is maybe why I like to immerse myself in imaginative vampire lore. And immerse myself I do. I’ve lived their lives 24/7 as I get the gift of experiencing the richness of this parallel world. Okay, my human life probably suffers for my obsession at times, but fortunately I have a loving, tolerant husband and three independent cats that like to watch me tap away at the computer. I think they find the rhythm of the keystrokes soothing—just my take as I used to like the sound of my grandma’s knitting needles clicking away while I sat beside her. I even used that memory in my third book, Forever Clan, for the heroine’s Scottish ma.
But I digress. Why is it so hard to be human? Well, we cannot heal ourselves as quickly as vampires can. Imagine being healed overnight as you sleep from a wound that would kill a mortal. I’d like that gift! And for those of you that know me well, you can imagine how I would want to share the gift of healing after reading my first novel in the series, Forever Man.
Vampires have it better on the strength side of the equation also. A drink of blood and they are full of energy. And if the blood comes from a blood bank concoction there would be little guilt, I’m just saying…
Vampires can shape-shift at will. Not a bad ability to have. Imagine the havoc one could bring to bullies, child molesters, murderers and other such evil people.
Vampires can live forever. Okay, this sounds good but what about the fact that if you have regrets in life you have to live with them FOREVER. But then maybe vampires (at least the uncivilized ones) don’t carry this guilt. But mine do for the most part, so maybe it’s also hard to be a vampire at times. But they can’t complain too much as they get to live forever, for heaven’s sake!
I hope you follow the journey of my vampires, angels, and Fae that exist in the pages of the Forever Series. Forever Angel, the fourth book in the series, will be released October 7, 2013. I love to hear from readers and writers alike!

My website is: www.JanuaryBain.ca
I’m published by www.ChampagneBooks.com
And you can find me on all the social media under my real name: January Bain
Excerpt from Forever Angel:
PROLOGUE

And so it shall pass that the white angel comes to drive out the dark angel and ease the suffering of the Clans.
                                                                                                                   ~Lord Ra
She finally found her voice and gushed, “Julie, what on earth! You have . . . wings?”
Julie smiled shyly at her newfound friend. “Yes, I seem to have wings.” She couldn’t help but smile widely at the idea. Who in their wildest dreams could have imagined such an event happening in their lifetime?
“How? When?”
“Just this nightfall. I woke up and something was catching in my nightclothes and I got up to check and here they were growing on my shoulders. Crazy, eh?”
“No kidding! I didn’t even know angels really existed.”
“Angels?” she looked at Arc. “My goodness!” The thought blew her away while making her feel very special. “I’ve turned into an angel on my birthday!”
“That you have my friend.” Arc sat down on the bed, her knees suddenly weak with the knowledge. “Does Christopher know yet?”
“No, you’re the first to see.”
“Wow! What is everyone going to think of this? I don’t think anyone I know has ever seen a real angel before. I mean, you read about them and all . . . but to really find out they exist. I don’t know what to say or feel even.”
“I feel . . . like I’m more myself now than I have ever been. Like a great curtain has been lifted that obscured my view of things and that I can see clearly now.”
“What do you see?” Arc was all eyeballs as she looked at Julie.
“It’s all so simple.”


Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. Now I will have to think about how much easier it would be to be supernatural and what abilities would be the most awesome to have. 
As a clumsy person, I really like the sound of quick healing and regeneration,I gotta say.

How about you folks? Which would you love to have? Make sure to show Ms. Blain some luv and leave a comment.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment