Saturday, October 24, 2020

Day Four a day late. Life and other inconveniences

 

Life is crazy!

    Life has a way of veering way off course or just getting so crazy busy that you find yourself forgetting to do stuff or simply remembering a week later after the dust settles.

    It hasn't been a week, but I made a goal to blog everyday to help get me in the rhythm of writing every day for NaNoWriMo.  I missed a day and I could beat myself up over it which would make me feel bad and a bit guilty and if I get bummed enough I might just throw my hands up and say "This is pointless. I'll never stick to a schedule. Life's too crazy. I give up!" Then go skulk off and feel sorry for myself.

    But the thing about building habits and continuing toward a goal that you really want to reach is that you have to keep going. There will be obstacles. Life will throw shit at you. There will be days that you just can't sit down and write. And that's ok. That's life. The next day you pull yourself up. Sit down and put words on paper (whether real or MS word doc). And just keep going.

    This works for other goals that you want to make a habit. Want to eat better. Little baby steps and stubbornly moving forward. Will you occasionally eat something that's crap. Yeah. probably. But the next day you won't.  Trying to exercise more. Will you take time off. Most likely, especially at the beginning when you're sore and achy more often. And probably if you get sick or hurt. But guess what. When you feel better go back out there and do some low impact exercise and get back into routine. 

etc. With any goal, you can't get discouraged and beat yourself up. You have to keep Moving forward.


Or in the words of Dory:


    So, here is my Blog from yesterday that I missed. I have it here today. I  may try to do like I do with NaNo Wrimo and do some extra writing today to make up for being late. But I may not. Life is still a bit chaotic and it's hard to concentrate so I may not do extra, But I did get something out there. Better late than never.


No comments:

Post a Comment