Monday, October 19, 2020

Two weeks of blogging everyday (hopefully) in preparation of NaNoWriMo

 

                           I'm doing NaNoWrimo this year.

    For a while now I have felt uninspired. Even before the pandemic and isolation, I have had difficulty getting up the oomph to sit and write. Some of it has been my husband's health problems, a lot of it over the last couple years was a hectic work schedule managing an understaffed salon. I guess since Covid closed it down for good, I don't have to worry about that anymore. You would think I would have oodles of time to write and I do--technically.  But it just has been a struggle...

    This year I decided that come hell or high water (which both are a possibility this year. heh) I am participating in Nano. 30 glorious days of frenzied writing as I race toward 50 thousand words by the end of November. I stress, but I also work really well under pressure. The one time I specifically remember winning NaNo was during a time that I was going to college full time, had two toddlers, a house to clean, 2 companies I reviewed books for and a writing group that I was in. And somehow, I won. I wrote everyday for that as well as for the writing group and papers out the wazoo for undergrad work.

    If I could do it back in the day, then I should be able to motivate my unemployed, college graduate, teen mom ass into writing successfully this year. I just need some extra motivation--hence NaNoWriMo.

    I don't want to work on the book yet. Somehow it feels like cheating. I know I'll add more words afterwards as 50 K isn't enough for a full length novel. But, I want to wait until November 1st and burst through he door. So how do I get into the rythm of writing every day to get ready?  I don't want to work on other work and overextend or distract myself. And that's when it hit me...

    I'm going to blog each day. 

    I've always enjoyed putting some of the passing ideas I've had out into the world. And I am up in the wee morning hours with hubby when he gets up before the butt crack of dawn and usually stay up a couple hours after he leaves in order to wake my children for online school. What better time is there than when the house is quiet? Hubby is gone, kids are snoozing and even the cats are asleep after an early morning feeding. 

    There you have it. I will be blogging everyday until November first. And who knows. Maybe if me and my muse have a reconciliation, I may continue blogging at least weekly. 

    Let me know if you NaNo.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment