Thursday, February 18, 2021

Other things Men do in movies that I find sexy

 

Swoon worthy moments in movies and Tv.
In my post yesterday I talked about that moment when a man takes the first step and passionately kisses the girl and makes you say "purr." You can click here to read it.

I decided to continue with some of my other zing moments or WOW moments in this blog. I was going to make these two topics separate, but as they are within the same theme I'll lump them together.

One thing that can make my heart flutter or my body zing is seeing a man sing or dance well. But, I have noticed there must be other factors involved. I'm not even sure what all of them are, but I do know that not every guy that sings, nor every guy that dances catches my interest.

For the first example, I will do dance. 2 movies I can think of off the top of my head give me slightly different reactions, but still make me hold my breath and keep my eyes peeled. 

First: Enchanted

The movie is cute and I like the premise. Patrick Dempsey was called Dr. Mcsteamy and had a group of adoring fans when the movie came out. I at that time barely registered him on my radar. I didn't watch Grey's Anatomy and I thought he was okay. The main thing I liked about him was that he was an older hot man, but personally I was like, meh. Then as I watched the movie, I definitely could identify with his character. The cynical, practical NyC lawyer. And as the movie progressed, she helped him be a little softer and more filled with hope and he helped her be a little less naive and a little more realistic. But, he has practical gf Nancy and Gizelle has her prince finally when they go to the ball. Prior to this Robert (Dempsey)grumpily told Gizelle he did not dance nor did he sing. And then they Dance together and the world fades into the background as their heated gazes remained locked on each other. The chemistry between them is almost palpable. Through the dance, you know how they feel about each other. 


I gave you the set up before so you know some of the underlying things that make this moment so big. And my guess on the extra factors that drew me in were song choice because a good soundtrack should draw out the emotion in the scene. Their body language was amazing although they mostly only touched hands and had a good dance frame, the electricity and the draw was there. His singing to her toward the end and their expressions are fantastic. You can see what they feel just from their eyes and their expression. They both yearned for each other and it hit me right in the heartstrings. Who would have thought Disney would give me a character to say hmm about?

Second: Mrs. Winterboune

Mrs. Winterbourne came out in the mid-nineties and wasn't a blockbuster success. I've talked to many people who've never seen it or heard of it. It's a cute rom-com with a great cast and I still love it even if it is a little cheesy. It stars Ricki Lake and Brendan Fraser. Rickie plays Connie a down-on-her-luck pregnant girl and Brendan plays both Hugh and Bill Winterboune as twins. Hugh is kind to Connie on a train but the train crashes and both hugh and his lovely pregnant wife Patricia die, but Connie doesn't. Because of circumstances, Connie is mistaken for Patricia and goes to live with the family. Bill is nothing like his brother. Cynical, bitter, snarky and serious, he doesn't believe Connie is Patricia. The more time they get to know each other the more they like and eventually want each other. In there dance scene, not much is said until afterwards. They keep eye contact the whole time too, but the Tango is a much more sultry, sensual dance. 


Unfortunately this is the only copy I could find, but it still is clear enough to get you into the moment. Here, he holds her closer because you have to when you Tango. They are pressed close, staring into each others eyes. Their facial expressions show the desire and chemistry. And the soundtrack is the thrumming sound of the Tango pushing them closer together. At the end of this scene he kisses her passionately and then he's giddy with love/lust/infatuation. Then she kisses him just as passionately. These are some of the elements that made me a fan of Brendan Fraser. Yes, he was funny in Biodome. Yes, he had a rocking bod and was half naked in George of the Jungle. But honestly this movie and this scene made him Uber attractive to me--followed by a Blast from the Past, which also has a cool dancing scene.

Now the next examples, previously mentioned; Singing. Again, it's not every man that sings or a specific genre. There are some really good singers out there that inspire a whole plethora of feeling. But for this list I'm using Movies. Since I only did 2 dance movies I will do 2 Singing movies. There are many more than I will mention, but these go hand in hand with the past couple days post about being surprise attracted to men who normally don't grab my attention except for one scene that started the ball rolling.

First; Little Shop of Horrors

Now, I know how it sounds. Who could be hot/attractive in the male group of that movie? Seymour is a little nerd guy played by Rick Morranis, who everyone thinks is adorable? Or the sadistic Dentist played by Steve martin? Or maybe the evil alien plant? Your probably thinking hmm, she got a screw loose.  But hear me out. This is still in the sneaky hot category. The guys you overlook or go meh but then they do something and your like Huh! Interesting. Through most of the movie, I like Seymour. He's a sweet, loyal guy that is a good fit for Audry. He would probably be a friend, but I don't know if I would date him. First when he is going through a moral conflict during the "Feed Me Seymour" song then he gets rage filled and belts out why he hates the dentist. Then when the dentist is gone and Audry is grieving, he comforts her and wears his heart on his sleeve. Then sings to her in a powerful voice that should not be able to come from such a little guy.


So, again. Some of the factors. The dedication to her from before. The score is awesome and powerful. The words are sweet and lovely. The entire time he sings he can't take his eyes off of her. When he can he touches her gently and with comfort. And the look on his face when he looks at her like she hung the moon. Then just before they kiss, they both pause, overwhelmed by feelings before they are drawn together and the kiss is passionate. After that movie, I wanted my own quiet sweet, but secretly passionate nerd guy to sing to me. As a side note no other movie made me want him that way. I like him as a person and in the roles he plays. But this movie pinged my romance/attraction radar.

Second singing movie and last for the Blog; Moulin Rouge!

Honestly, I don't know if there is a specific song that made Ewan McGregor as the blue eyed, earnestly, naive man in love sexy. I did find him attractive before he even opened his mouth. I mean look at that face and that smile.


He's a cutie in the movie before he starts emoting through his love songs. 

He is hopeful and earnest and excited to be in France and writing songs for his friends.

He is in love with the idea of love and is open to anything.

Then he goes to the Moulin Rouge to meet the star of place. Satine. 

When he sees her everything else fades away and slows down. He is twitter-pated.

She thinks he's a Duke and there are some really cute

and somewhat embarrassing moments while she tries to catch his interest.

Maybe the first song he sings to her was where his actual voice and body language made him unforgettable to me.

In order to catch her attention he belts out "Your Song" with such an intense and then gradually playful look on his face, I was like Satine and half fell in love there.

 


The score is great. The soundtrack is moving and the love story is epic. In every song he sings to her or they sing together, he always maintains eye contact and you can always tell how he feels. Whether it's flirty, or true love or anguish like in the Roxanne tango below.


His voice, his expression and his body language draws you in. Makes you fall a little in love. Causes a zing moment and tears your heart out when he cries. This movie came out in 2000 and I think I'm still a little in love with Christian. lol. But before that I vaguely knew who Ewan McGregor was. And even after that, when he played Obi Wan kenobe and many other great parts, he doesn't sing his heart out or smile his way into my soul. Something about his singing and the look in his eyes is what caught me.

Like usual, there are other movies and shows where the guy sings or dances and brings that attraction but for now, I think these suffice.

Tell me, do you have an actor or scene where the dance or singing either made you feel desire or fall a little in love with the man?

I'd love it if you shared with me. Chances are, I probably have seen it  but just did not post it on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment