Wednesday, February 17, 2021

The wow moment when a male character makes you sit up and say purr.

 

 The title probably sucks but I wanted to convey some of what I planned to blog.

I hadn't thought about it for a while, but then this past spring/summer during quarantine I didn't have my usual set of shows to watch and I decided to binge watch "The New Girl" because Zoe is adorable.


This picture doesn't have coach from 1st season, who I thought was funny, but it has the main cast of the rest of the seasons. It was apparent that Nick and Jesse were closer than she was with the others so I knew he would be a future love interest. With that in mind I watched his character. I liked his snark and humor but didn't find him particularly attractive. Funny and sweet but not really rawr.



Body wise Schmidt has Nick beat. Soulful puppy-dog eyes are Winston and Coach was a tough guy. Nick is grouchy, snarky, funny and sweet. He grumbles but he is always there for his friends and especially for Jesse. Above and beyond much of the time.


So the relationship loomed but was kept at bay because of both of their neurotic personalities and the rules of the loft (no having sex with Jess #1 rule). I figured their relationship would be cute just like them. But steamy? Hot? Toe curlingly WOW...no.

 Imagine my surprise when near the end of season 2 Nick delivered that moment of Holy Shit. I felt a flash of attraction and said hmm...

 During that episode, while playing their drinking game, the others locked them in a room to make them kiss and Nick freaked out and said "Not like this!" and then he literally climbed out the window and we figure ok. She's clueless, but we know he really likes her. Episode is wrapping up. They both got woke up solved a mystery and were shuffling off to bed. Then Wham! Out of nowhere he grabs her and just devours her mouth. Purr. (Scene below)

 

And if any of you think he forced her against her will. No. They both have been attracted to each other and wanted each other. He just made the first move. Like in this new word I love.

Not only did he get Jess's attention he caught ours too. We sat up and said. Wait a minute. Nick is sneaky hot. And we cheered that he got up the gumption to kiss her. He might have left her dumbfounded but he also left me dumbfounded too.

I thought about it. There are some other movies or shows I've watched where the main love interest was rather meh. to me but then he took the girl in his arms and kissed her silly and after that I was hooked.

Another example is "The Notebook"

I thought they were cute when they were young. And he was okay attractive, I definitely liked him better with some scruff and muscle, but it wasn't until this scene that I sat up and said Hot Damn, Noah!


Again. Sneaky Hot.

The next scene is steamy too, adding another layer to the attraction factor.

Something about the man taking charge and just taking control and drawing out a response with his passion just trips my trigger. And it is always surprising when they take a guy that is likeable to me but not exactly a heartthrob and makes me take notice and think of them as a passionate desirable man.

What do you think? Do you like a man who takes control? One who acts like you are the oxygen he desperately needs to breath.  That you are what drives him to be passionate.

What movies or shows have you watched where the man took control and brought up the steaminess by kissing his partner (girl or guy) silly?



No comments:

Post a Comment